A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Follow up to the Broken heart/toy episode

Well now this is going to be interesting.

In my last post, I told about the mom I was trying to help out.  How she was dating and I took her kids for sleep overs.  Then, her son proceeded to break several of my sons toys.  I sent her a picture of the toys via text and after that...well...lets just say all hell has broken loose.

I saw her at a soccer game practice and asked if we could talk.  She said it was not the place to talk but yes we should...but she was just too upset!

Okkkkaaay.

Then, yesterday, I received several texts from her that basically accused me of being the guilty one.  That she had been "warned" about me and didn't listen...and perhaps my son broke those toys on purpose because my husband and I fight too much and he was breaking the toys in retaliation!  Also, that maybe I'm the one with the troubled child as I have pulled my son out of TWO schools and now homeschool him.

Really?

It was like being back in high school! The EVIL and malicious way she said these thing!  I simply replied that this had taken a sad turn, when it was only about some broken toys and a little boy who could now no longer play w/ his birthday toys.  That is when she fired off the other texts. 

I cannot tell you how hurt my heart is right now.  How mean and vindictive this was.  She intentionally tried to hurt me.  With knowledge of things in my life that I've been struggling with...things I shared with her as a friend.  She turned and Threw them in my face...to hurt me.

I don't think I have ever had to deal with this level of cruelty in another woman since high school.  I'm still in shock.

I did NOT stoop to that level or fire off any retaliating texts.  I simply asked why she was doing this to me? Why was she intentionally hurting me?  Of course...no response.

I had tried to fix this...the misunderstanding.  This miscommunication.  I was trying to be an HONEST woman, and reach out and talk about these broken toys...and to see if we could figure out WHY it happened.  She took it the wrong way. She took it as an attack.  I'm not sure why.  I'll never know now because she is obviously so angry at the 'offense' I've done to her that she won't speak to me.

Now let me ask you this...

I'm a christian.  I'm far far far from perfect.  I'll be the first person to tell you that I'm probably the big "B" to a lot of people because I stand my ground and speak my mind. (that doesn't usually go over well...as you can see).  However, I try always to be FAIR.  I try always to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Now this woman professes to be a strong christian as well.  Would YOU treat another woman like she treated me?  She said she was offended by my blog...I told her it was MY blog and I never mentioned any names.  Then she proceeded to viciously attack me.  I was shocked!!!  This is christian?  This is how God wants us to resolve issues with one another?  I tried only to be calm and not get her more upset.  I tried only in the beginning to reach out to another mother regarding some expensive broken toys.

I'm at a loss.  I guess...people are just mean.  No matter how old we get.


And to the person that "WARNED" her about me...lol...good for you.  You purposely tainted another persons view of me in order to cause strife.   And...to the person that showed her my blog...was there a good reason for that?  I write this blog for ME...and to try and figure out the WHY of things.  I never write to hurt others.  Never intentionally.  If I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong.  I would never intentionally hurt another or cause pain just to make myself feel better.

I'm so disappointed in people.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things turned out this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, you're an awesome person. But you're like me in that I have never fit into the typical girl mold. I try to live my life honest and bold. What I've found is that being like that causes a lot of women to be uncomfortable. Not all women, mind you. But, a certain group of them. The type that travel in packs with other women and seem to get off on talking about and hurting others.

    I've never been one of those types. I do my best to live right, treat people with respect, and speak my mind when something's on it. There are other women like us out there. But, unfortunately, on the road to meeting them, we have to deal with these other types - the ones who get offended when you call them on their shit - the ones who don't raise their kids to be respectful of other people - the ones who have such little self-esteem and self-respect that they can never be vulnerable enough to honestly address their issues. They always make it about us and how mean WE are. Yeah, right.

    I was a homeschool Mom, too, and I got mean remarks about it occasionally from those types of Moms - making me feel like there was something wrong with my family because we made that choice. I know how it feels.

    Just let it go and focus your energy on something worthwhile - like those two cutie patooties you have at home. And, be grateful that you're the ones who's at the screwee end of the situation and not the one doing the screwing over. As much as it hurts, it's a much better place to be.

    Love you bunches!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete