A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stress is running full tilt my way

I don't know how much more stress I can take.

First we got a cancellation letter from our NEW homeowners insurance. Stating they are cancelling us on Aug. 14th at Noon.  We need to replace the roof over the garage (and I think another section of roof as well).   This job - even if we do it ourselves - will run at LEAST $2000.

Then, the old old grandma van I drive (212k miles) decides to start leaking coolant.  We managed to limp it to the shop and leave it there today.  Gotta call them in the morning and explain...and HOPE they can look at it in the next few days.

Which adds the OTHER stress on my plate.  I have committed to cleaning some cottages on Tuesday...only to have the van break down...and THEN Mr. Eye Candy JUST CALLED ME a few minutes ago to tell me that they moved his schedule on Tuesday to 10am...instead of his usual 1pm.  THIS means...I have no one to watch the kids and NO time to clean the cottages for this client!  I've got a message in to my babysitter...but she has another job.  The odds that she can work are slim to none.

I'm sick.  The $$ that has to go for the roof (and this is even if the ins. co. will give us 90 days! I still have not heard back)...was supposed to be our Winter Money.  We set aside about $5k to get through the winter.  Now if I have to put that $ into the roof...and fixing the Van that is on its last legs anyway...I will never recoop it for the Winter months.

I am at a loss.  I've felt like giving up before...but at this point I just don't know why I bother with the road side stand (as nothing sells now that cherries are over).   I'm seriously at an all time low.

I just need a break.  I want so desperately to get ahead enough to not fear the winter! 

We live pretty frugal.  I mean...you're looking at a family of 4 that lives on about $24k a year.  We live well...no car payments...just insurance on them and the business.  I buy consignment clothing, and we have chickens and our own garden which I can a LOT of for the winter months.  We pay our bills and don't use a credit card. EVER. 

We do have cell phones and internet and TV.  These are the last 'things' that we could give up to save us money.  Only problem there is, you have to pay a penalty to get out of their contracts.  Heaven help me. Please.


1 comment:

  1. I seriously feel your pain (I'm right there with ya, other than I wish I didn't have bills, but I do)....I wish I could give a better answer, but I will pray that heaven does, indeed, help you. It can be done :)

    On the flip side...I worked with my hubby again the other day and told him he needed to take a pic of me to send you. I guess I should have, it would have given you something to laugh at...lol :)

    ReplyDelete