A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another day of reflection and fun

Ok people.....I posted my first Vlog today. You know, where you download a video of yourself talking! ? ha ha I think it was OK. I want to document my journey for this gastric bypass, and want to SEE the daily/weekly/monthly struggles and triumphs!

I first want to say a little something to a dear friend of mine..."You are amazing! You have accomplished GREAT things in your life!!!! NEVER GIVE UP. I am your biggest fan!.....and never forget that God is too!"

Ok..so that being said, I move on to funny stuff.  Have any of you wondered about the "Laundry Fairy?". Yes, you may know him (from Rants From Mommyland Blog) as "larry" the laundry fairy.  He visits my house on a regular basis.  Only to taunt me and laugh at me as he flitters around my washing machine and the PILE of laundry that grows like weeds in the garden.  He comes to make me feel as if I'm just not quite good enough. He's evil......sadistic!  I want to squash him with the pile of ever growing clothes that 4 people can create.  I think I've given the evil thing a run for his money this week! HA HA HA Take THAT you pompus fairy!  I am CAUGHT UP. yes...I am. Happy dance for me!

On the other hand, I think my sweet husband believes "Larry" is on his side. I think he believes that "Larry" magically supplies him with clean shirts, uniforms, and a full sock drawer and underwear drawer.  I think my darling dearest believes that "LARRY" fills these drawers and hangers with a flip of his wand. hmmmmmmm Maybe I should put "larry" and the 'other' fairies on strike? Let darling dearest feel the pinch of NOTHING clean? Ok, so I'm not that mean. Although I do think about it sometimes! What would our small world be like if "mommy dearest" stopped working? Let's reflect.......

1.  Socks, underwear, and all things cleanly would no longer exist.
2.  Food would no longer grace the table, or fridge, or cupboards. (meaning NO snacks!)
3.  Gas tanks would be on "E".
4.  No bills would ever get paid. (hence forclosure?)
5.  Kids would not make it to school on time....Ever.
6.  Toys and oddities that grace the living room floor would never get picked up. (which means someone is destined for severe pain in their feet as they STEP on said toys over and over).
7.  Children would start to resemble the ads on TV for homeless and starving. (this alone would keep me from the strike!)
8.  The bank would call, and school, and doctors office, etc. Oh me oh my!
9.  No one would ever get a bath or brush their teeth. (help me God!)
10. Obama would have to create a "DAY OF REST" for mothers in order for life to go on.

You see? Life is not good w/o Mommy. Or Larry for that matter. Although Larry needs to be whipped and shoved into the dryer for good measure.  He's given me too many bad laundry days as it is! Crazy fairy. He doesn't realize his job makes me LOOK BAD!

Ok, so after all that ...I have to admit I've still got a pretty good guy that I'm married to. He does take out the trash. ha ha He takes care of the chickens...listens to me go on and on and on and on about stuff, while he pretends to listen. (xoxoxo babe!).  He's managed to remain calm, cool, and collected (mostly) in the front of my many storms of emotion over that past 8 years. WOW. Can we maybe give him a medal for THAT one? I think so. Plus, he's the BEST.DAD.EVER.  yup...I said it. He makes their little faces shine!! They adore him. (maybe because I'm always the bad guy? hmmmm).

Anyway, it's a great life I have...even though at times I hate being glued to the heating pad (not forever!!!).  My journey includes all of this. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, school, etc.  I am MOM. ha ha  Best part of it though? I will one day get my life back........and PLAY will be added to that list! PLAYING with my kids! Horseback riding again too!

Bring on the surgery! I can hardly WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment