A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Friday, March 11, 2011

After the Biopsy

Well, the biopsy after my second mammogram was no big deal. Some tenderness and discomfort yesterday evening, but the cute little pillow they gave me had a spot for an ice pack...worked GREAT!

The thing for me now is the wait. This is what I'm trying to just 'breath' through. I lost my mother to cancer 11 years ago, and the reality that this could be cancer for ME is very very real.  I know God is taking care of me whether this is cancer or not.  I don't have to worry that I'm in His hands, but as a human being, it's pretty hard to stop your brain from going from one scenario to another!

I can't help looking at the off chance that this could mean some sort of surgery for me. Cancer or not.  Although the area is very small, the tests won't be back until monday or tuesday. So, I have all weekend to sit and fight myself on the worry thing.  The first call will be from my general practitioner, giving me the results from the Pathologist.  Then, a couple days later I will get another call after Dr. Weitz has reviewed the results and sent an addendum to my G.P.  That is the call I'm really waiting on.  The second call. Whether the results are benign or not.  Benign results can still mean surgery if it's suspicious enough.

So, I am fighting the mind and the stories it creates. I woke up in the middle of the night with the story of my own death playing in my head. I quickly put a stop to that and began praying for my health and long life with my family at my side.

So, dear friends...please pray not only for good news from the Pathologist, but for my creepy mind that tends to overkill the FREAK OUT mode. :)

I love that you are all praying and loving me.  I can feel it from miles and miles away.  It means everything to me.  I will continue to keep the blog going with updates as I know them....or just random fun thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment