A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Frogs and Friends

Well, I took the princess and Little E downstate this weekend...not even knowing if we were going to wind up in a hotel or an empty upstairs apartment.  I needed to go help a friend load up her life. Yup...she's starting over, and I was going to make sure she got as much stuff packed in that truck as possible!  We did an amazing job too I must say. WOMEN rock!  When we band together there is NO stopping us!

The best part was that we wound up staying in the home of her friend.  This other person who I will call Angel...has some fun kids around the age of mine. So needless to say, they had a great time!  Here is a picture of Little E and what he did most of the weekend.


There was no way I was touching that thing...but a quick photo op was really in order.

I must add in a funny story here.  The second night we were there...I was asleep until about 4 a.m.  I kept hearing this thump thump...another minute would go by and I'd hear it again. This went on for about a half hour.  Finally, I got up, thinking maybe it was the dog and he wanted out. I went out and down the hall...no dog.  So, I went and got my computer and brought it back to the dark room and proceeded to sit in the comfy chair and check facebook. :)  I heard the thump thump again!  This time right out in front of the door I'd left open to my room.  So, me being such a smarty farty....I turned my computer screen around and used it like a flashlight.  I walked to the hallway, and guess what I saw?  A DARN FROG!!!  Those kids had caught a few from the pond and had them in a bucket on the screened porch.  They'd left the slider door open a crack and the darn frog had jumped out of the bucket and into the house!  I must have walked right past him when I went to get my computer. HA HA  Well...I was so brave! I went to the kitchen and found a tuperware w/ a lid so I could catch the slippery devil.  He was not as big as the one in the picture above! THANK YOU GOD.  I then proceeded to carry him back to his bucket and CLOSED the slider door.  Kids.  They never let you down. Always something to keep us going.

When I told all of them the story in the morning there was a lot of laughter!

I am so glad I went to help my friend.  I not only knew I was doing the right thing for her, I also met a new friend! Angel and her kids!  She opened her home to us, watched the kids so I could help pack the truck, and was just a genuine sweet soul. 

I also know that there are times in our lives that we feel absolute clarity in the rightness of what we are doing.  This weekend was just like that for me.  I have no idea when I will get to see my dear friend again, but I know she's off on a real adventure!  The old Irish Prayer comes to my mind...

I wish this for you, my dear friend and sister.  I could not have gotten this far in my life without the friendship I share with you.  Safe journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment