A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The continued WAIT/Support Groups/Teen agers

So, now the wait continues.  Monday night is the first 'support group' meeting. I say this lightly, as it's basically a seminar setting where they have a speaker and he goes over some issue that pertains to weight loss surgery and the journey.  Great. But what about the REAL support? I mentioned this to the psych eval dr. and he was really open about it! He used to have a real support group that would meet at his office every month...but the main woman that ran it, either moved or something.  But, after speaking to me about the need of a REAL support group, he is inspired to try again! I truly hope he does! I think I may need to send a little note to him in a few weeks as a reminder. hee hee

I have not noticed any groups that meet on a regular basis here in our area.  Perhaps this will be my new focus? I do love a good cause!

On a fun note, I was able to spend an evening and an overnighter w/ my dear friend Louann and her daughter and some of her friends. Oh my....5 teen agers (age 13 - going on 20?)! What a refreshing time! I mean, they are SO full of life and excitement!!! A bunch of screaming teens singing Justin Bieber (?) at the top of their lungs in the car...yeah...I think I am deaf now. ha ha ha  It sure brought back some fun memories of my own I tell ya! Back when Louann and I were too young to drive, and had to rely on my sister to drive us all over town - or Natalie! (xoxo).  We always got stuck in the back seat, as we were the 'younger' ones. Driving through the downtown beach area 'cruising' guys. LOL Oh fun.  So, to see these girls putting on make-up, trying on clothes and shoes. It was FUN!  They all talked about how fat they were, and how they hated their hair or some part of themselves....when in truth they were all beautiful and absolutely amazing fun fun fun girls!  They laughed at me because I have never played w/ an Ipod before! It was fun! I want one. LOL  Oh to have the energy they do! Although it was fun staying up until after 1am talking w/ Louann!!!  I feel totally blessed that they planned their over-nighter around where I live!!! XOXOXO

I really needed a fun filled night like that.  I think though...that I now need a nap. ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment