A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fashion Fun & a Frugal Awesome Idea!!!

I was inspired by my friends daughter to try some new twists on my outfits.  This is the latest. Snagged some boots at Kohl's a couple weeks ago for like $10!!! I was so excited.  Also, the scarf is probably the most expensive thing I'm wearing.  I paid $20 for it, and won't regret it because it's from Coldwater Creek!  I never splurge like that on myself...so no regrets.  The jeans are Goodwill, and the jacket is a smokey suede from Kohl's for $17.  I'm flip flopping back and forth from 153 lbs and 156 lbs.  Have been doing that for over a month now. Not sure why.  Oh well. 
Yes, I do wear my hair back all the time now.  After losing so much of it..it feels so THIN to me.  So I just pull it back into a twist.  Also, it's static season here in MI where as soon as you walk outside...STATIC. Not fun.  My second outfit is also inspired by Sierra...it was the BOOTS! Lol  I want to get a cute pair of those socks she has, but not sure where....hmmmm.
Once again, this is a Goodwill outfit except for the Scarf and boots.  Jeans, tank, and jacket probably cost about $16 altogether.  I do love a good bargain!  Especially when it's a size 10! :)  I'm not much into blazers, but this one is pretty comfy...I have another one similar and it's a bit more snug and I wear it buttoned.  Cute.  I'm branching out a bit. More fitted things!  No more MOO MOO's.     

I am also going to post another entry w/ a recipe or two today.  I have been meaning to do this for awhile now, but my darn computer crashed and I just didn't have the heart for awhile after losing all that stuff on there. Sad sad.     

Ok, so here is a frugal Pot Rack for ya that Mr. Eye Candy made me a couple years ago...and I LOVE it.  He used an OLD WINDOW.  There is a pane missing too...lol.  So rustic!  He just added hooks and chains for hanging.  Perfect! EASY!  It's best to sand it down before hanging though...don't want those old paint chips falling onto your counter or food. 

Hope you all are having a great Valentines Day!!! Life is good!

3 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, Lana! I love your scarf and that pot rack is really cool, too!

    p.s. I got my tall socks from H&M for about $10, but I have also seen boot socks at Target for around $8. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I' am glad you still like the pot rack. I think that I may have to build you a runway catwalk! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the looks! Super cute boots and what a score!
    Cute idea for the pans!

    ReplyDelete