A happy me

A happy me
family - is everything

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fennel yumminess

Ok...this is the chopped version before it started cooking.  I add all kinds of stuff. Make up your own with the veggies you like!!! and here is the after:


1 large Fennel (chop stalks and all! even the fern fronds at top...good too)
chop mushrooms (or I buy a small package already chopped)
Green Beans can be added! I love this w/ Green Beans!
1 large onion -chopped
Garlic cloves minced. (I add a lot b/c I love garlic)
2  Oranges - Zest over all items - or use orange juice if you don't have any oranges or tangelos available (set oranges aside for vinaigrette)
Saute all items in olive oil

Vinaigrette:
in small bowl squeeze oranges (or use orange juice)
Hot sauce (I add quite a bit as I like it spicy these days. hee hee)
1 tbsp sugar (or 1 packet of sweetener)
salt
olive oil.
Mix.  
After items are cooked, pour vinaigrette over and let set....YUMMY.

This is a great dish for pork chops (zest the orange over them too!), or chicken breasts.  You can add some heat to either of them w/ Hot Pepper Flake.

Enjoy peeps! I know we sure did! Mr. Eye Candy could not believe how good this was!!! He grew up a straight meat and potatoes kind of guy...and now...well let's just say his tastes are changing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment